Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lots of changes

I know, I know.  Where have you been, Lisa???  We've been anxiously awaiting your next post and NOTHING!  Well, I've been busy.  New home, new job.  It's been busy!  But I wanted to check in quick and let you know how things are going.

I'm doing well.  The new job has been going on nearly 2 weeks now and I'm exhausted.  I'm not used to working.  It has been a year since I last worked in an office, had to get up early every day, and had to interact with people all day on an intellectual level that didn't involve a few glasses of wine.  Ex-haus-ting!  However, I am enjoying being back in the work force, despite the ongoing fear I have to supress each day of this only lasting 3 months before I have to go back on disability to return to treatment.  Ongoing fear.  I squash it down the best I can, but it pops up now and then. 

My leg doesn't like me being at work or moving.  It's quite swollen.  During our two weeks of packing for the move, moving, and unpacking from the move (oh who am I kidding, we're only mostly unpacked), my diet was not as clean as I would like it to be.  There are VERY few vegan options at restaurants that are also gluten free.  Actually, there are almost none.  Even salads all have meat and cheese on them.  So my diet wasn't clean.  I've put myself back on the wagon though, and I'm starting to see a bit of improvement there.  Tonight we're trying vegan "meat" balls and spaghetti from the Gluten Free Vegan blog.  I'm excited to finally try a gluten free, vegan "meat" product!  Most fake meats from the frozen food section have wheat in them, so I'm anxious to see how this works. 

I'm also going to start exercising next week again.  The outlets in the basement don't work for some reason, so I need to figure that out, but once I do, I'll be down there each morning doing my Power 90 tapes.  I'm starting with them since they build in intensity as you go along and that's what my lymphedema needs, but I'm hoping to graduate to running and doing a few more programs I've had my eye on.  I started running this summer, but then the multiple heat waves took place, and running in 95 degree heat is hard enough.  For an out of shape, lymphedema inflicted, survivor, it's damn near impossible.  Which leads me to...

The Philly LiveStrong Challenge.  I was supposed to participate in the run, but that ain't happening.  See above paragraph for my reason.  So I'll be walking.  I hope you still see fit to give, being that the LiveStrong folks provide so many services for people who need to be walked through and assisted in this cancer process.  They do good.  You can check out my page here if you want.  I'd love the visit.

Well, I hope to keep updating a few times a month for you all.  I've got the challenge coming up this month, so I'll be sure to post after that.  Busy, busy month of August, for sure!  Every weekend is booked!  But I'll find the time for you, my peeps.

xo,
Lisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment